School organisation & development
The Schools Team works with all its schools and communities to seek positive ways to address the changing landscape both in education and population within the Diocese. The Diocesan Board of Education is committed to finding sustainable models of education across both rural and urban areas and we are actively involved in the development of a range of options for sustaining and developing high quality education.
There are significant changes taking place across the Diocese, with Local Authorities reviewing the pattern of school provision in every area. We are working to ensure the maintenance of church school places and an equitable share of capital funding for church schools in major programmes.
Click on the following links to download related documents
- Diocesan Guidance and Policy on Collaboration and Federation
- A Guide for Governors on Federation (Powerpoint presentation)
- Becoming a Church School
Useful links for more information
- The Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF)
- The National Society for Promoting Religious Education
- Federations (DCSF)
- Amalgamation (DCSF)
- Closure (DCSF)
- New Schools (DCSF)
- Trust Schools (National Society)
- Change in Category (National Society)
- Different Categories of School (National Society)
Register for e-bulletin
Keep up-to-date with news from around the Diocese with our e-bulletin. Sign-up now!