The Diocesan Bishop meets monthly with his senior colleagues in the Bishop’s Staff Meeting. This is the focus for discussion and decision about a wide range of diocesan policy matters. It is in some respects a ‘Cabinet’ for the Diocese: a forum where the Bishop and his senior staff can:
- talk through proposals
- react to developments
- hear from people with particular skills or knowledge.
The Bishop’s Staff has a particular care and concern for oversight of Shaping our Future across the diocese, although much of the work is done in parishes, local ministry groups and teams, and by our central teams at the Old Deanery.
- The Rt Revd Peter Hancock, Bishop of Bath & Wells
- The Rt Revd Ruth Worsley, Bishop of Taunton
- The Ven Andy Piggott, Archdeacon of Bath
- The Ven Simon Hill, Archdeacon of Taunton
- The Ven Kevin Roberts, interim Archdeacon of Wells
- The Very Revd Dr John Davies, Dean of Wells
- Revd Paula Hollingsworth, Dean of Women’s Ministry
- Mr Nick May, Diocesan Secretary
- Preb Stephen Lynas, Senior Chaplain and Adviser
- Mr Harry Musselwhite, Chairman of the Board of Finance
- Revd Charlie Peer, Strategic Programme Manager