Luke 14:28 is a new Treasurers’ Learning Network. The purpose is to support all treasurers across Bath & Wells, be they new in post or experienced in the role.
Luke 14:28 aims to:
- Help treasurers be more effective
- Share useful information, ideas and successes
- Provide a forum to ask questions
- Improve relationships amongst treasurers and with the diocese.
Our goals are to:
- Be a simple, focused, flexible system that is easy to use and that uses plain English
- Meet the different needs of treasurers
- Provide two way communication amongst treasurers and with the diocese
- Evolve according to need
- Grow our membership throughout the diocese.
The Luke 14:28 network, hosted as an independent yahoo group, offers links to resources, an email forum and private space to store documents. All can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Luke14-28, note that access is restricted to members only.
How to join
- Go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Luke14-28/
- Click on Join this Group.
- On the next page, if you have a Yahoo account, sign in with your ID and password; if you do not,
- Click on Sign Up (it’s free!)
- Follow the process to set up your Yahoo account. You will be asked your name, gender, date of birth, and postcode. Then choose your identity and email and password.
- You will be asked to give a mobile phone number plus some security questions. They will then text you a code which you then use as part of the security process.
- Finally click on Create Account. You will be then told your application is bring considered.
- Log into your Yahoo account in the next day or so and you should find you have been accepted.
Once accepted as a member, you then need to make sure that messages from Luke 14:28 arrive in the inbox you use most often. The default setting is that messages will be sent to your Yahoo email address.
To have emails sent to your preferred inbox:
- Log into Luke 14-28
- Click on ‘Edit Membership’ at the top of the screen
- Click on Identity and add a new email address
- Yahoo will sent an email to the address you have added asking you to verify the email address.
- Open the email from Yahoo and click on Verify Email Address
- Return to Luke 14-28: Edit Membership: Identify and you should find the new email address has been added.
- Select this as the primary email address.
- If during the process you are asked to re-enter your password, it seems to be part of the internal security process to prevent your Yahoo identity being assumed by someone else.
Our code of conduct can be found via the link below.