On 16 February 2019 it was estimated that 10,000 young people walked out of classes to join a UK-wide climate strike amid growing concern that politicians are failing to tackle the escalating ecological crisis. Although we would not condone walking out of classes we congratulate them on using their collective voice to provoke change. It seems this generation are leading the way by saying enough is enough and that we all need to take responsibility for bringing about change.
During Lent this year we are inviting children, young people, families and schools to take part in the Bishops Lent Challenge 2019 by reflecting, praying and acting for climate change. This generation are passionate about saving our world for future generations, so we pray for all those children, young people, families and schools taking part in ‘Living Well in Gods World’.
- May the resources we have produced encourage them and further inform them
- May the reflections lead them into a greater understanding of how God intended humanity to steward creation
- May their prayers join together in one voice of unity
- May their individual actions bring about simple but effective change
- May they use their voice to challenge Governments around the world to make the changes needed to tackle the escalating ecological crisis
We also pray that God would lead His Church to embrace what this generation are trying to do and to be led by them as together we try to take better care of His world.
Go Team Leader
Prayer Calendar – March 2019