The Education team is looking for people that would like to consider joining the team of Pilgrim Days Volunteers that help these events run so successfully for the children in our Church schools each year. There vacancies for the Year 4 Pilgrim Days which are running from 3 to 5 March 2020 and the Year 6 days which are running from the 16 June to 23 June 2020.
These events take place in Wells each year for Year 4 and Year 6 children, organised by the diocese in partnership with Wells Cathedral, the Bishop’s Palace and Wells Museum.
Pilgrim Days are an opportunity for children, staff and helpers from our Church school family to get together and celebrate their journey through life and prepare for the next stage of their education by exploring the theme of Pilgrimage.
- To gather together children and staff from our Church school family to celebrate their Church school experience and send them on the next stage of their journey.
- To celebrate God’s love and care for them now and in the future.
- To acknowledge the rite of passage moving on to the next phase of their education.
- To welcome children and staff from our church school community to worship together in their Cathedral.
- To look back, be thankful and celebrate and also to look forward with hope.
- To encourage children to mix and work with other children and adults to help them prepare for the next stage of their journey.
Lunch is provided and reasonable travel expenses will be covered.
If you would be interested in helping out then please contact Helen Garrett, Pilgrim Days Coordinator, for more information: call 01749 685132 or email. There is a Volunteer Role Description to download below.