The aim of this training session is to explore the distinctive nature of church schools: some of the key roles and responsibilities and organisational aspects of being a church school.
The course will explore:
- The Christian foundation of church schools – past and present, including your Trust deed.
- Christian vision, values and ethos – what this looks like in a fully inclusive church school.
- Governor Responsibility in the new SIAMS Schedule.
- School organisation for church schools, including capital, admissions, legal and premises and academisation.
- The different roles, within governance, in supporting, monitoring and challenging the school’s distinctively Christian character.
- Additional diocesan support and training opportunities.
Cost: £30 per governing body