This Lent, Wells Cathedral is hosting a series of online talks around the theme of ‘The Claims of the Kingdom.’ The subjects are wide-ranging but all relate to how the Kingdom of God can be expressed, discovered and furthered, with a particular eye to the present moment. It is hoped that after each of the talks it will be possible to have some online discussion and details of how to join these conversations will be sent out via the pastoral network email; if anyone who does not receive the pastoral network email would like to join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 24th February – Professor David Horrell (Professor of New Testament Studies, University of Exeter) – Interpreting the Bible in an Age of Environmental Crisis
- Wednesday 3rd March – The Very Reverend Dr John Davies (Dean of Wells) and the Venerable Dr Adrian Youings (Archdeacon of Bath) – Living in Love and Faith: On Moving Forward and Disagreement on Sexuality and Identity
- Wednesday 10th March – The Right Reverend Humphrey Southern (Principal of Cuddesdon Theological College) – Church for the ‘New Normal’: Humbler, Bolder, Simpler and Slower
- Wednesday 17th March – The Reverend Prebendary Professor David Thomas (Canon Theologian and Professor Emeritus, University of Birmingham) – Interfaith Conversations and a Post-Pandemic World
- Wednesday 24th March – Ms. Flo O’Taylor (PhD researcher at Durham) – What might Justice look like after the Pandemic?