While we have several key areas of focus that drive our work, our priority is to support our parishes to become Eco Churches, as part of a diocesan journey towards becoming an Eco Diocese.
We have a dedicated Environment team who represent you and your church within the diocese and the wider Anglican Church. We provide knowledge and experience in environmental matters, sustainability and social justice to individuals, churches and leadership and ensure that both policy and practice reflect the responsibilities God has entrusted us with. Below is further information on what we do and how to contact us – we love to hear from you.
- Strive to develop biblical and spiritual engagement with the environment
- Work to shrink the collective carbon footprint within the Diocese and encourage individuals to do the same
- Seek to address/resource issues related to ‘greening’ church buildings
- Encourage renewable energy alternatives and promote energy savings within our parishes, communities and homes
- Support ethical ecological investing