Welcome to the Study Skills page. You will find here resources to help you study on the Exploring Christianity course and also help with writing your assignments. In addition, those studying Exploring Christianity should read the Assignment Toolkit sent at the start of training. Below, you will find a copy that you can download. If you have any questions, then talk to your tutors in the first instance.
These password protected pages let you access specific links and relevant material for the module you are studying. When you pay for the module, you will receive a password. If you don’t receive the password then contact the Lay Ministries Office.
- 1 Prayer and Spirituality
- 2 New Testament
- 3 Questions of Faith
- 4 Exploring the Church
- 5 Old Testament
- 6 Challenging Choices
Useful Study Skills Guidelines
The following documents give you more guidance on stages of the essay writing process. The Toolkit provides a brief overview of them all.
- Assignment Introductions and Conclusions
- Bibliography Exercise for Exploring Christianity to be used with the Assignment Toolkit and the following links:
- Bibliography Answers for EC
- Avoiding plagiarism coming soon
- Understanding assignment questions
We hope to post here some sample assignments for you to look at. Coming soon
The following documents may help you with your study:
- Assignment Toolkit – December 2018 version
- EC Assignment Template – a Word document that helps you get the right format for your assignments
- New Assignment cover sheet (needed for all assignments)
- Level 3 Marking criteria
- Reflective assignments: Questions 1 and 2: Level 4 marking criteria
- Resources for Others: Question 3: Level 4 marking criteria
- Knowledge based assignments: Question 4: Level 4 marking criteria
These documents are for markers and moderators
- Level 3 marking sheet
- Reflective Assignments: Questions 1 and 2 Level 4 marking sheet
- Material for others: Question 3 Level 4 marking sheet
- Knowledge based assignments: Question 4 Level 4 marking sheet
- What other links would you like to see here? Let Elizabeth know.