Last updated: 28 September
- ‘Can we still hold a Remembrance Sunday service?‘ in the Prayer and worship section
- ‘Can confirmations still go ahead?’ in the Life events section
- ‘Can funerals still go ahead?’ in the Life events section
- ‘Can weddings still go ahead?’ in the Life events section
- ‘Can baptisms still go ahead?’ in the Life events section
- ‘Can ordinations still go ahead?’ in the Life events section
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice on Ordinations and Consecrations
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice on the Conduct of Public Worship
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice on Conducting Funerals
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice for the conduct of a Confirmation service
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opening cathedral and church buildings to the public advice
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice on Conducting Weddings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice on Conducting Baptism
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHS Test and Trace
Statement – Tuesday, September 22
“Following the announcement by the Prime Minister of new measures to limit the spread of coronavirus, the Church of England is continuing to engage with Government departments to review advice to churches.
“The Prime Minister emphasised that we can draw comfort from the fact that places of worship as well as schools and businesses are staying open.
“We note the change from a maximum of 30 attending weddings to a maximum of 15 from Monday September 28 and will study any detailed documents when they are available and amend advice to churches accordingly.
“We anticipate further updates in the next few days with further additions to the FAQs and we also continue to review the downloadable guidance papers which will be updated accordingly. All updates will be notified at the top of this page.”
While Government guidance has been revised to allow certain activities to take place in church buildings, it is still vital that the necessary hygiene and social distancing precautions are kept in place in order to protect the NHS and save lives.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
This page contains the latest updates from the Church of England and our bishops for churches and church-run groups in relation to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
The other pages in the section are:
Opening our churches – links to guidance on reopening for worship from the Church of England
Prayers and resources – for ministry guidance and inspiration
Practical matters – concerned with parish finance and administration
On-line training and development – find out what opportunities are available
You can also find all the latest news items related to the Coronavirus in a dedicated Coronavirus Guidance and Updates news section.