Church of England guidance updated: 14 January 2021 (11:52)
- Conducting public worship
- Individual private prayer
- Holy Communion
- Ordinations and Consecrations
- Confirmation services
- Outdoor worship and churchyards
- Opening cathedral and church buildings to the public
- Pastoral support in the community including care homes
- Receiving Holy Communion by simultaneous administration
- Access to church buildings for construction or professional contractors
- Personal risk factors to clergy, church workers and volunteers
- Is singing permitted? (in Prayer and worship) – further update in light of amended Government Guidance.
Read the letter from Bishop Ruth and the Archdeacons – 5 January 2021
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
Test and Trace guidance
In order to support the NHS Test and Trace programme, contact details for all visitors must be taken, as well as recording times entering and leaving the place of worship.
You can download the Government’s template consent form guidelines for places of worship and those handling sensitive information from their website or download the guidance and templates can be downloaded individually below.
The other pages in this section are:
Prayers and resources – for ministry guidance and inspiration
Practical matters – concerned with parish finance and administration
On-line training and development – find out what opportunities are available
You can also find all the latest news items related to the Coronavirus in a dedicated Coronavirus Guidance and Updates news section.