In collaboration with Wells Cathedral an online service was shared on 30 September to remember all those who have died during the Covid pandemic.
Led by Bishop Ruth and the Dean of Wells, families of the bereaved were invited to send in names of those whom they mourn, and candles will be lit and their names are read out. The
The service is available to watch on our YouTube channel.
The Church of England website has a page with prayers and intercessions for personal or group use, special prayers for use when it isn’t possible to meet in church, and a simple form of prayer for the morning and evening, which can be downloaded, printed, and shared with those remaining at home or who are unable to access the internet.
They have also produced liturgical resources, which you can download at the bottom of the page, for:
- Re-entering our buildings
- Lament, thanksgiving and restoration
- Remembering and memorials
Livestreamed services and reflections
- The diocese are continuing to livestreaming a mid week Eucharist each week. Each week, a service on Wednesday at 10.30am via our Facebook page. It will also be streamed on the home page of the diocesan website.
- Our Rural Affairs Adviser, Rob Walrond has prepared a Harvest video for you to use. Find it on our YouTube channel. Pre-recorded video reflections were offered weekly from Easter to September for use in Sunday worship. As many of our churches are now open for worship again, these reflections have paused for now though you have seen them all on the playlist on our YouTube page. We will continue to keep the need for online services and resources under review as the pandemic continues.
- We continue to promote a different online service around the diocese each week for those who don’t have a regular online church home. If you would like us to promote a service from your church, please email the communications team.