We are currently seeking a new CEO/Diocesan Secretary to succeed our current Diocesan Secretary, who is retiring in the autumn after 12 years of service.
Reporting to the Bishop of Bath and Wells and the board of trustees through the chair, the CEO will provide strategic, confident leadership, ensuring the diocese responds creatively and proactively to the challenges of mission and ministry in the 21st century.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership at a senior level in a large organisation. S/he will possess outstanding influencing, relationship building and advocacy skills, as well as evidence of motivating and inspiring a high performing team to embrace change.
Responsibilities of the role:
- working with the board and Bishop’s Staff to set the overall strategic direction of the Diocese and ensure its successful delivery
- providing inspirational leadership to the senior management and staff team
- advising the Diocesan Bishop on strategy, policy, and operational issues
- ensuring the smooth operational running of Diocesan Support Services
- facilitating good governance and ensuring sound financial management
We are looking for an influential and inspirational leader with a proven track record of engaging others to deliver change successfully. Excellent leadership, communication and team-building skills are a must and the successful candidate should be a practising Christian of a denomination which is a member of ‘Churches Together in Britain & Ireland’ or the Evangelical Alliance. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help to shape the future direction of a Diocese which serves thousands of people of all ages, every day, through its schools, chaplaincies and churches.
We are working exclusively with Robert Half Executive Search to assist with the recruitment, therefore, for more information about the role and how to apply please visit Robert Half’s website or email Jonathan Harvey at Robert Half.