We are seeking a colleague to join our Training Team which is one of five teams within Ministry for Mission. The aim of Ministry of Mission is to resource the people and parishes of the dioceses as they seek to ‘live and tell’ the story in their context. The Lay Ministries Enabler role to enable the provision of inspiring training for lay people, supporting them to fulfil their vocation.
- Designing, updating and evaluating course content
- Supporting and delivering training
- Developing opportunities for learning and equipping God’s people for new ministries
- Contributing to the planning and development of local learning hubs across the diocese
- Develop our new partnership with Sarum College for Reader training
- Supporting the development of our thinking in the light of national reports: ‘Setting God’s People Free’ and ‘Serving Together’
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent with a strong understanding of theology to support the development of course content. We are seeking an inspiring and engaging trainer with the ability to support different learning styles. You should be an adult educator with knowledge of adult education skills and processes and experience of developing and implementing training and development. You should have an understanding or experience of supporting Reader training and ministerial development.
An Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a practising Christian of a denomination which is a member of Churches Together in England. This role will require an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: midday Thursday 20 August 2020
Interviews: Friday 4 September 2020