A new grouping of 4 rural parishes in beautiful north Somerset, invites a Priest-in-Charge (Vicar Designate) to join with us in fellowship and discipleship to be people of God in today’s changing world.
Chew Valley West will be a new benefice, a pastoral reorganisation, made-up of two existing benefices: Chew Stoke and Nempnett Thrubwell, and Winford with Regil and Felton Common Hill. It will be
part of the Lakeside Group Ministry allowing clergy to operate across benefices and for ease of group administration. This proposed new benefice is subject to a scheme that is still going through.
We will welcome someone:
- To develop and encourage community engagement; to be a visible, approachable and friendly presence.
- To shape and grow our benefice; to interact with all age ranges, other local churches and denominations.
- To balance traditional worship with flexible and creative ideas underpinned by strong biblical preaching, personal faith and prayer.
- To enjoy and support work with children, within our 2 church schools and the community.To enable and encourage the gifts of each church and of individuals.
You will find:
- A strong foundation of faithful, worshipping congregations, supportive wardens & stewards, PCCs and laity; one church has a licensed Reader.
- A shared office administrator.
- Established work with children.
- An exciting church reordering project in order to become a community hub.
- A glorious setting for a home and ministry in villages with vibrant community spirit and with all the essential amenities nearby.
For further details and application pack please contact Mrs Denise Blake, PA to Archdeacon of Bath.
Telephone 01749 685278 or email Denise
Closing date: 9th December 2020
Visits and Interviews: 5th & 6th January 2021
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.