“As a benefice, we seek to grow in our faith and in our community, seeking fresh and new opportunities to know and share God’s love and grace, without boundaries.”
Our benefice encompasses three parishes, nestled in the beautiful Vale of Taunton, in Somerset. With significant housing development over recent years, we are now seeking new ways in which we might reach out to all those within our rapidly expanding benefice.
We are searching and praying for a Rector who strives to be:
- An energetic and dynamic, Christ-focused, Spirit-filled leader, who is visible, engaging and inspiring.
- Someone who looks outside of the church to serve the community, identifying and establishing new and existing ventures and opportunities.
- Someone who can embrace the breadth of traditional and contemporary worship, whilst allowing each of our churches to maintain its own uniqueness.
- Someone who will develop people in the use of their spiritual and practical gifts, to help us grow in prayer and discipleship.
- Someone who will enable and develop the existing rich relationships between our primary schools and the church and community.
- Someone who is capable of maintaining a unified benefice, comprising three different parishes.
We can offer:
- A wonderful benefice team, including an Administrator; Children, Families and Schools Worker; Reader Emeritus, Reader-in
- Training; Pioneers; Lay Worship Assistants and Lay Pastoral Assistants, with additional support from local retired / non stipendiary clergy and all those within our church family.
- A varied ministry, set across both urban and rural environments.
- A modern, five-bedroom rectory with garden.
Closing date: 28th November 2020
Visit and interviews: 15th December 2020
For more details and an application pack, please email Simon Hill, Archdeacon of Taunton or telephone 01823 413315