Highbridge is a single church parish; a small but growing town close to the seaside town of Burnham-on-Sea and on the edge of the unique Somerset Levels, and with excellent road and rail links.
We are a warm, welcoming and inclusive church with a real desire to reach out to, and serve, our community.
We are offering…
- A loyal group of Lay people who offer their time and abilities willingly
- A part time Parish Administrative Assistant
- The challenges and rewards of working in an industrial semi-urban town close to the countryside
- A role as ‘Deanery Champion’ developing and leading on innovative responses to social deprivation and creating learning for colleagues and parishes.
We seek a Vicar who will…
- Be a visible presence able to engage with the local community and be a link with the agencies that operate in the town, living the gospel story in word and action
- Help us to develop mission initiatives in an area where there are many needs
- Communicate the gospel to all ages and abilities; exploring various forms of worship
- Build on our school links; engaging with and nurturing children in the faith
- Be a compassionate and supportive spiritual leader encouraging and developing our gifts and helping us to care for each other and for those in our community.
Closing date for applications: 16 April 2020
Interviews: 12/13 May 2020
Application pack available from the PA to the Archdeacon of Wells
Telephone: 01749 685147 Email: email@example.com
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.