Understanding Christianity Day
This popular resource, to support the teaching of Christianity in religious education, is in use in most of the church schools and academies across the country. It meets all the expectations of the RE Statement of Entitlement and the SIAMS inspection process.
‘Understanding Christianity’ will enrich the teaching of any agreed syllabus, including ‘Awareness, Mystery and Value 2022’ and ‘AMV Somerset,’ and cover all learning objectives in programmes of study related to Christianity. It will provide a wide range of creative activities and opportunities to deepen pupils’ learning.
- Introduction to the resource (the pack will be sent directly to your school)
- The Big Story of the Bible, including the big frieze and icon cards
- The Teaching Approach, including Text Impact Connections, planning a unit
- Digging deeper, including quick recap of Module 1 and discussion of gap task
- Purpose and Impact, including handbook overview p. 40-51, The Good Samaritan activity
- Curriculum design and assessment, including the ‘Salisbury’ assessment grids and final discussion/questions
Flourish House, Wells
£50 per person (plus £80 extra for the file if the school doesn't have one, to be be invoiced after the session)
One twilight staff meeting offer is included at no additional cost, to support individual school planning.
For further information please contact Felicity Cobley, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.