The latest Church of England safeguarding policies and practice guidance are available on the Church of England website’s safeguarding section.
The documents relate to:
- Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding for LEP’s
- Safeguarding Records
- Safeguarding in Religious Communities
- Serious Safeguarding Situations
- Risk Assessment
You can email the national Safeguarding Team directly. Support is also available from the following organisations:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( freephone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)