From March 2023 Payroll for clergy has moved from MyView to the People System with effect from 31 March 2023. This means the way you will access your pay information and documentation has changed. This includes payslips and the information you need for your tax return. The People System is the same system that holds the information that is presented in the National Register of Clergy, as well as your personal details, contact information, and copies of any personal documentation such as your birth or marriage certificate.
What does this mean for you?
- From March 2023 the clergy stipend will be paid using the new People System.
- The People System is where you will access pay documentation for March 2023 and into the future.
- Historic pay documentation will continue to be available in MyView until 31 July 2023.
- Please download and save your pay documentation for the tax year 2022-23 currently held in MyView by 31 July. Doing so will enable you to reference it when you complete your next tax return.
- All your historic pay documentation currently held in MyView will be archived and this will be available to you later in the year. This means you do not need to download all your historic pay documents prior to 2022-23 tax year from MyView by 31 July. More information about how to access your archived documents will be communicated to clergy in due course.
- From April 2023, you will also be able to submit heating, lighting, and cleaning (HLC) estimates using the People System, if this applies to you.
What happens next?
- Your pay documentation will be ready to access from the People System from Friday 31 March 2023.
- The link to access the People System is also available on the Church of England website . You can find this page from anywhere on the C of E website by putting ‘people system’ into the search bar.
Support and guidance
More information about the People System, can be found on the Church of England website.
A short guide to setting up your account can also be found on the FAQ page on the Church of England website, should you need it. Pop-up messages will walk you through the key features when you login to the People System for the first time.