The Diocesan Renewal Group (DRG) aims to enable every member of the Church to recognise their unique gifts to use in mission. It aims to empower individuals, enrich churches and engage communities.
To encourage renewal in the diocese we:
- Make prayer a priority as the starting point for mission
- Encourage prayer with fasting
- Follow the commission of Jesus – to seek to make known the Kingdom of God through preaching, teaching and healing
- Acknowledge the five-fold ministry that Jesus imparted to the church for its edification and mission – apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher. We particularly encourage the Prophetic Ministry within the life of the Church.
Our aims are to renew and demonstrate:
- The Love of the Father
- The Ministry of Jesus
- The Activity and Guidance of the Holy Spirit
- To be a Prophetic Voice for our time.
The Diocesan Renewal Group members are:
- Revd Keith Powell (Adviser)
- Revd Matthew Frankum
- Don Hewit
- Revd Dr Jonathan Hunter Dunn
- Suzi McKenzie
- Revd Joan Rowe
- Julia Rudyard
- Revd John Samways
- Preb John Simons
Courses and activities:
- Prayer Days
- Parish Weekends
- Alpha Holy Spirit Days
- Listening to God – a four evening course
- Healing and Wholeness – a four evening course
- Prayer and Fasting – a six evening Lent course
- Prayer Ministry – a three to four evening course
- Prophecy – a day course or three sessions
- Mission – team available for up to seven day missions
Throughout the year the Renewal group hosts a variety of these courses and activities.
Who to contact
Should you wish to organise one of these courses for your group, please contact the Deanery and Parish Support Administrator, Sue Whitehead.