In the Diocese of Bath and Wells, the safeguarding team is responsible for:
- Supporting those who have been harmed or exploited through the Church or in a church-based setting, and their families and friends
- Promoting the importance of churches being safe spaces by ensuring there are policies and resources available about keeping children and adults safe and that there are trained people in every church
- Preventing the recruitment of those who may pose a risk to others
- Protecting the vulnerable by creating a culture of speaking out about concerns and challenging inappropriate behaviour
- Raising awareness through training of clergy, volunteers and those that hold a church role
If you have a concern that a child or vulnerable adult may be at risk of serious harm if you cannot contact someone from the team immediately, please call the police on 999.
Click on the team member's entry to find out more about them and access their contact details.