A range of resources for talks and sermons on giving and stewardship, plus material for home groups or personal reflection. The resources may be useful both for Planned Giving Promoters and for passing on to clergy/readers preaching on giving.
Downloads at the bottom of the page include:-
- Resources for preachers/speakers – Stewardship for Sundays, produced by the Diocese of Portsmouth, gives a passage for each Sunday looking at stewardship themes
- Sample talks for Passion Sunday & Palm Sunday
- Ideas for speaking about tithing
- Preaching on Generous Giving produced by the Diocese of Oxford contains some sermon ideas
- Giving study sheets – a series of reflections for home groups or personal use.
The following websites have information to help with preaching on giving and stewardship:
Sermons/talks on Legacy Giving
In teaching on stewardship, the opportunity to give to God’s work through a Will is hardly every mentioned. The Church Legacy website may give you some ideas to pass on to your preachers and speakers.Who to contact
Sue Whitehead, PA to Giving and Funding Adviser