As Christians, our life choices are direct responses to God’s call to us to steward the resources He has given us, but becoming sustainable doesn’t happen overnight! Here are some simple steps that are ‘easy wins’ to reduce your carbon footprint and reduce waste and energy, alongside some which require a bit more dedication and prayer.
10 Pledges for Creation
Use this list as a simple, printable resource to get individuals/house groups/church communities to begin discussing their options and commitments to being carbon-neutral:
- I pledge to have at least one ‘meat free’ day per week.
- I pledge to switch to green energy.
- I pledge to switch off lights and appliances when not in use.
- I pledge to offset my carbon emissions.
- I pledge to reduce my car travel.
- I pledge to recycle more.
- I pledge to encourage my friends and family to reduce their carbon footprint too.
- I pledge to seek out and use local producers and suppliers to reduce my food miles.
- I pledge to write to my MP to encourage them to support climate change mitigation.
- I pledge to eat more seasonal foods.
Find out more on the Climate Stewards website.
Become an ‘Environmental Champion’
If you are interested in becoming an environmental champion for your church please complete our Environmental Champion sign up form.
Sustainable travel in Bath and Wells
Choosing green travel is important in the journey to reduce our carbon footprints and keep air cleaner. It also reduces the pressure on roads and resources, can reduce costs, and can have numerous benefits to our health and wellbeing. There are many options to explore across the diocese and we have collated the best resources and support we could find.
If you know of more, please do get in touch.
Events and training
Keep an eye on our events calendar for the latest environment related events and training.
Who to contact
Sara Emmett, Climate Justice & Environment Advisor